Listen to New Opinions
Seattle CityClub’s signature annual forums bookend the year, providing opportunities for public education and dialogue with community leaders, elected officials and news-makers.
Legislative Preview (January)
Seattle CityClub’s Legislative Preview Luncheon has been a signature Seattle event for over a decade. The forum features the top leadership from the Washington State Legislature on both sides of the aisle. Moderated by leading regional journalists, our discussion takes an in-depth look at the top priorities for the upcoming session and the effects it will have on individuals and the community at large.
Our 2018 program will be announced in late fall.
Year in Review (December)
Seattle CityClub’s annual Year in Review is the time to reflect on the pressing issues and major headlines of the previous year, revisit predictions and see how events changed or stayed the course. Moderated by a leading local journalist, our panel of leaders and luminaries engages in a provocative and wide-ranging discussion of topics like race and equity, minimum wage and affordability, trade and international affairs, education, and current legislative priorities.
2017 speakers will be announced later this fall.
2016 Year in Review Panelists (watch video)
- Sen. Dan Evans – Founder, Daniel J. Evans Associates
- Bill McSherry – Vice President, Government Operations, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Helen Howell – Executive Director, Building Changes
- Nikkita Oliver, Community Organizer, Attorney, Artist
2015 Year in Review Panelists
- Bill Bryant, Commissioner, Port of Seattle
- Ana Mari Cauce, President, University of Washington
- Sheley Seacrest, Vice President, NAACP Seattle King County
- Blair Taylor, Chief Community Officer, Starbucks
2014 Year in Review Panelists
- William Bell, President & CEO, Casey Family Programs
- Former Rep. Norm Dicks, Senior Policy Advisor, Van Ness Feldman
- Nick Hanauer, Co-founder & Partner, Second Avenue Partners
- Pramila Jayapal, Founder, OneAmerica