What: Each December, Seattle CityClub invites the community to reflect back on the year to assess the most important issues that affected our civic life. This year, a panel of four experts will discuss politics, public health and COVID-19, the environment, arts and culture, racial equity and other themes that stood out in 2020—and make their predictions for what is to come in 2021.
Who: Four local experts, more information available at seattlecityclub.org/our-programs/2020-year-in-review/
- Dr. Vin Gupta, Affiliate Associate Professor, University of Washington; MSNBC medical contributor. Recent coverage on masks, holiday travel, vaccines, etc.
- Alyssa Macy, CEO, WA Environmental Council. Recent article on climate change and action in the WA state house and Supreme Court.
- Lola Peters, Author. Recent article on sustaining anti-racism after a summer of protests for Black lives.
- Jon Scholes, President & CEO, Downtown Seattle Association. Recent coverage on the role of technology, the need for coronavirus relief funds, and how we can save our economy.
- Host Angela King, Morning News Host, KUOW. Collection of recent stories available on KUOW.org.
When: Tuesday, December 8, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Virtual event – More information and ticket details here: https://bit.ly/3lNgtGl
Cost: Free for youth under 22; other tickets starting at $20.
About: Seattle CityClub is a 40-year-old nonpartisan nonprofit providing programs that inform, connect and engage people around civic issues to help strengthen our region. Learn more at SeattleCityClub.org.