Current Job Openings, Internships, and Volunteer Positions
Current Job Openings
Seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator with a passion for civics-focused communication, community-building, and fundraising to join our team
This is a full time, salaried position that reports to the Development Director.
Due to COVID-19, we currently work remotely, and we expect this to remain true through at least June of 2021. We have a shared office with the Fearey Group, a public relations and strategic communication firm in downtown Seattle, near Westlake Center, with access to a variety of public transportation options.
We’re looking for a communication professional to join our 7-person team and help us build more awareness around our civics-based mission and brand to create more engagement with our community. If you know the importance of integrating traditional and social media, this is your chance to use your unique strengths in a broad role that includes marketing, advertising, graphic design, and public relations. You’ll help bring our strategic priorities of civic engagement and dialogue across differences to light, using your diverse skills to share stories, collaborate with our partners, and connect with the community.
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about all types of communication, and who likes to create editorial calendars, beat deadlines, write news releases, and produce notable social media content. A mix of creativity and practicality is critical, as well as responsiveness and resourcefulness. You’ll get to help us maintain high professional standards while adapting to last-minute changes and input from multiple people, at times. Agility, humility, a positive attitude, and a great sense of humor will serve you well on this dynamic and collaborative team.
• Supporting and collaborating with the Fundraising Development team, as well as the Program and Operations teams, on communication needs to build relationships, generate funding, and promote programs
• Supporting and collaborating with Executive Director and Board members on various internal and external communication initiatives including diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) priorities
• Helping to manage all social media platforms; creating original and engaging text, image, and video content, as well as identifying and sharing existing content from other sources
• Monitoring the website and updating content; using all tools to promote events and programs
• Tracking communication results and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Helping to write, design, and distribute weekly and/or bi-monthly e-newsletters
• Helping to create print and digital collateral like logos, letterhead, postcards, PowerPoints, etc.
• Contributing to the development of an editorial calendar to inform and integrate all communication
• Helping to write and pitch press releases and media alerts to outlets to secure earned news coverage
• Helping to manage contract graphic designers, web developers, videographers, etc.
• Help with TV ad and online video production, from script writing to music selection
Experience and qualifications:
• Ideally a college degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or public relations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating tailored communication to connect with diverse audiences
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and ethics of strategic communication, public relations, journalism, and marketing
• Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
• Commitment to and experience in communicating through a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) lens to reach a broad base of the community when it comes to race, gender, ability, etc.
• Experience working with standard communication tools and website platforms like WordPress, Eventbrite, Zoom, MailChimp, and Salesforce
• Well-organized, deadline-driven, and able to manage multiple projects and deliver high-quality results
• Experience working with external consultants and vendors
• Experience using basic business productivity tools like SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.
• A passion for civic engagement, civil discourse, and improving dialogue across differences
Hours and schedule expectations: The work schedule is approximately 40 hours per week, from 8:30am to 5:30pm and we do offer some flexibility. Occasional evening and weekend duties are required.
Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by providing programs that bridge politics, sectors and generations to inform and engage residents and community leaders. Every year, Seattle CityClub serves over 30,000 Puget Sound residents in-person and online and reaches over 1 million Washingtonians through digital and broadcast. SeattleCityClub.org
Seattle CityClub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
Salary and benefits: $38,000 – $40,000 DOE, plus benefits. Benefits include fully paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement savings plan with 2% employer match after one year of continuous employment. Employees receive four weeks paid time off (PTO) annually, plus the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, and seven additional paid holidays.
Please email 1-page resume and 1-page cover letter, addressed to Executive Director Whitney Keyes, to jobs@SeattleCityClub.org and reference the job title in the subject line. Applications received by December 1, 2020, will be prioritized.
For volunteer opportunities, please email email@example.com