Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by providing programs that bridge politics, sectors and generations to inform and engage residents and community leaders.
What We Stand For
Civic dialogue that reflects our community’s diverse political ideologies, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Leader Access and Accountability
Active exchange of ideas that foster accountability and engagement between residents, experts and policymakers.
Lively and respectful forums that cultivate open and civil debate.
Connection and Collaboration
Partnerships that bring together people and ideas to address critical issues.
Our Board Members
- Suzanne Walsh (President), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Justo Gonzalez (Past President), Stokes Lawrence LLP
- Karin Huelsbeck (Past President), Virginia Mason Foundation
- Josh Drake (Vice President), Camber Collective
- Lisa Verhovek (Vice President), Uncommon, Inc.
- Nathan Hambley (Secretary), Uber
- Steve Hill (Teasurer)
- Amy Barnes, CSPD, LLC
- Andrew Gabel, Lane Powell PC
- Betsy Robertson, American Red Cross NW Region
- Brian Surratt, City of Seattle
- Brianna Thomas, Councilmember González
- Chance Hunt, The Seattle Public Library
- Chris Mefford, Community Attributes
- Dan Brady, Attorney at Law
- Janet Kelly, Puget Sound Energy
- Kathryn Neal, Microsoft
- Kay Gabriel, Weyerhaeuser (retired)
- Larry Costich, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
- Lisa Thompson, King 5 Television
- Maria McDaniel
- Mendy Droke, King County
- Mike Mattmiller, City of Seattle
- Monique Cohen, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s
- Nora Tabler, Tabler Coaching
- Patrick Lamb, Lamb Hanson Lamb Appraisal Association
- Sarah Studer, Impact Hub Seattle
- Scott Forslund, Providence
- Tony Wisen, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Kara Hurst, Amazon
Diane is CityClub’s Executive Director. She leads strategic planning, fund development and supervises the management of operations and programs. Diane is a writer and kayaker and serves on the boards…...
Allie develops CityClub’s programs, maintains relationships with partnership organizations and generally makes sure the trains run on time. She enjoys rummaging through antique stores, her ferry commutes, and wearing boots…...
Jenny champions our work to sponsors, corporate members and organizational funders, raising participation and financial support for CityClub’s programs. Jenny is an enthusiastic open-water swimmer and avid reader who treasures…...
Jeff manages the Civic Boot Camp program, coordinating with local partners to provide informative and exciting day-long civic engagement programs throughout Puget Sound. Jeff loves outdoor adventures in the sea…...
Everett manages the branding, website and marketing initiatives for Seattle CityClub programs, focusing on fostering brand advocates and expanding Seattle CityClub’s audience. He spends the weekends deejaying at nightclubs around Seattle and…...
Shari helps CityClub headquarters run smoothly by administering and optimizing the organization’s IT, facilitating office procedures, and participating in the planning and hosting of CityClub events. In her spare time…...