This is Our Community
Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by informing and engaging residents and community leaders, and providing programs that bridge politics, professions, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
What We Stand For
Opportunities to evaluate diverse perspectives on issues vital to our region
Leader Access and Accountability
Active exchange among citizens, leaders, experts and policymakers to facilitate citizen influence and leader accountability
Diverse People and Ideas
Civic dialogue that reflects the community’s diversity of political ideology, race, professional and cultural background, generation and class
Respectful Civic Discourse
Open, respectful space that cultivates fair, authentic and lively debate
Convening, Collaboration, Connection
Bridges that connect people and ideas to address critical regional issues
Advocacy and monitoring of citizen engagement
Our Board Members
- Suzanne Walsh (President), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Justo Gonzalez (Past President), Stokes Lawrence LLP
- Karin Huelsbeck (Past President), Virginia Mason Foundation
- Josh Drake (Vice President), Camber Collective
- Lisa Verhovek (Vice President), Uncommon, Inc.
- Nathan Hambley (Secretary), Uber
- Steve Hill (Teasurer)
- Betsy Robertson, American Red Cross NW Region
- Brian Surratt, City of Seattle
- Chance Hunt, The Seattle Public Library
- Chris Mefford, Community Attributes
- Dan Brady, Attorney at Law
- Janet Kelly, Puget Sound Energy
- Joaquin Hernandez, B.E. Meyers & Company
- Kathryn Neal, Microsoft
- Kay Gabriel, Weyerhaeuser (retired)
- Larry Costich, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
- Lisa Thompson, King 5 Television
- Maria McDaniel
- Mendy Droke, King County
- Mike Mattmiller, City of Seattle
- Monique Cohen, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s
- Nora Tabler, Tabler Coaching
- Patrick Lamb, Lamb Hanson Lamb Appraisal Association
- Sarah Studer, Impact Hub Seattle
- Scott Forslund, Providence
- Tony Wisen, Davis Wright Tremaine
Diane is CityClub’s Executive Director. She leads strategic planning, fund development and supervises the management of operations and programs. Diane is a writer and kayaker and serves on the boards…...
Allie develops CityClub’s programs, maintains relationships with partnership organizations and generally makes sure the trains run on time. She enjoys rummaging through antique stores, her ferry commutes, and wearing boots…...
Jenny champions our work to sponsors, corporate members and organizational funders, raising participation and financial support for CityClub’s programs. Jenny is an enthusiastic open-water swimmer and avid reader who treasures…...
Jeff manages the Civic Boot Camp program, coordinating with local partners to provide informative and exciting day-long civic engagement programs throughout Puget Sound. Jeff loves outdoor adventures in the sea…...
Everett manages the branding, website and marketing initiatives for Seattle CityClub programs, focusing on fostering brand advocates and expanding Seattle CityClub’s audience. He spends the weekends deejaying at nightclubs around Seattle and…...