Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by providing programs that bridge politics, sectors and generations to inform and engage residents and community leaders. Every year, Seattle CityClub programs serve over 4,000 Puget Sound residents in-person, and an additional 26,000 residents through social media and website content.
What We Stand For
Civic dialogue that reflects our community’s diverse political ideologies, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Leader Access + Accountability
Active exchange of ideas that foster accountability and engagement between residents, experts and policymakers.
Lively and respectful forums that cultivate open and civil debate.
Connection + Collaboration
Partnerships that bring together people and ideas to address critical issues.
Our Board Members
- Suzanne Walsh (President), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Justo Gonzalez (Past President), Stokes Lawrence LLP
- Karin Huelsbeck (Past President), Virginia Mason Foundation
- Josh Drake (Vice President), Camber Collective
- Lisa Verhovek (Vice President), Uncommon, Inc.
- Nathan Hambley (Secretary), Uber
- Steve Hill (Teasurer)
- Amy Barnes, CSPD, LLC
- Dan Brady, Attorney at Law
- Monique Cohen, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Larry Costich, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
- Mendy Droke, King County
- Scott Forslund, Providence
- Andrew Gabel, Lane Powell PC
- Kay Gabriel, Weyerhaeuser (retired)
- Chris Guizlo, The Feary Group
- Chance Hunt, The Seattle Public Library
- Kara Hurst, Amazon
- Maria McDaniel, McKinstry
- Chris Mefford, Community Attributes
- Kathryn Neal, Microsoft
- Ann Reardon, The Boeing Company
- Betsy Robertson, American Red Cross NW Region
- Sarah Studer, Impact Hub Seattle
- Lisa Thompson, King 5 Television
- Tony Wisen, Davis Wright Tremaine
Diane is CityClub’s Executive Director. She leads strategic planning, fund development and supervises the management of operations and programs. Diane is a writer and kayaker and serves on the boards…...
Allie develops CityClub’s programs, maintains relationships with partnership organizations and generally makes sure the trains run on time. She enjoys rummaging through antique stores, her ferry commutes, and wearing boots…...
Jenny champions our work to sponsors, corporate members and organizational funders, raising participation and financial support for CityClub’s programs. Jenny is an enthusiastic open-water swimmer and avid reader who treasures…...
Chelsea supports Seattle CityClub’s public outreach and develops strategies for increasing membership and program participation. She is a passionate storyteller, a civic entrepreneur, an animal lover, and an advocate for…...
Jeff manages the Civic Boot Camp program, coordinating with local partners to provide informative and exciting day-long civic engagement programs throughout Puget Sound. Jeff loves outdoor adventures in the sea…...
Everett manages the branding, website and marketing initiatives for Seattle CityClub programs, focusing on fostering brand advocates and expanding Seattle CityClub’s audience. He spends the weekends deejaying at nightclubs around Seattle and…...
Ronnie works as the Development Coordinator. His work focuses on cultivating relationships that benefit both our organization and our partners. Outside of work, he enjoys reading philosophy and re-watching the…...
Shari helps CityClub headquarters run smoothly by administering and optimizing the organization’s IT, facilitating office procedures, and participating in the planning and hosting of CityClub events. In her spare time…...