Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by providing programs that bridge politics, sectors and generations to inform and engage residents and community leaders. Every year, Seattle CityClub programs serve over 4,000 Puget Sound residents in-person, and an additional 26,000 residents through social media and website content.
What We Stand For
Civic dialogue that reflects our community’s diverse political ideologies, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Leader Access + Accountability
Active exchange of ideas that foster accountability and engagement between residents, experts and policymakers.
Lively and respectful forums that cultivate open and civil debate.
Connection + Collaboration
Partnerships that bring together people and ideas to address critical issues.
Our Board Members
- Kay Gabriel, Weyerhaeuser (retired) (President)
- Betsy Robertson, American Red Cross NW Region (President Elect)
- Nathan Hambley, Uber (Secretary)
- Steve Hill (Treasurer)
- Ilays Aden, Eat With Muslims
- Amy Barnes, CSPD LLC
- Eric Berlinberg, Amazon
- Paul Joseph Brown, Global Health Photo
- Carla Carrell, Comcast
- Aran Church, King County Housing Authority
- Monique Cohen, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Larry Costich, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
- Mendy Droke, King County
- Liz Findley, Stokes Lawrence
- Andrew Gabel, Lane Powell PC
- Chris Guizlo, The Feary Group
- Karin Huelsbeck, Virginia Mason Foundation
- Maura Little, Cambia Grove
- Laura Lockard, Washington State University
- Scott McClellan, Seattle University
- Maria McDaniel, McKinstry
- Kathryn Neal, Microsoft
- Gretchen Sorensen, The Sorensen Group
- Andrew Steen, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Joaquin Uy, City of Seattle
- Jay Yovanovich, KING 5
A native of Seattle, Catherine McConnell retired 7/5/19 as Vice President, Advancement at Seattle Goodwill, with responsibility for marketing, communications and fundraising for Seattle Goodwill’s 25 retail stores and 5 Job Training and Education Centers. Her career history includes acting as…Read More
Amanda joined Seattle CityClub in September 2018 as the Operations Coordinator, but was promoted to Operations + Project Manager in April 2019. Amanda moved to Seattle after attending graduate school for Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.…Read More
Jason joined Seattle CityClub as Communications Manager in December 2019. A Seattle metro area resident since 2014, Jason’s background includes stops as a journalist, political consultant, and nonprofit leader. He enjoys art galleries, live music, reading history, and advocating for the…Read More
Dan joined Seattle CityClub as Administrative Support Coordinator in May 2019 after spending almost five years in administrative and marketing positions at local small businesses Glass Eye Studio and Zoom Language Center. Dan graduated from Seattle Pacific University in 2014 with…Read More