A full-day program designed to give participants the tools to take action in the community. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with local leaders
- Network with professionals from all sectors
- Learn about our region’s history
- Learn about local solutions
- Take action towards increasing the civic health of the region
Civic Boot Camp Curriculum:
- Livable Neighborhoods – Discover the elements of a livable neighborhood through South Lake Union’s rich history and incredible growth, including the socioeconomic challenges and opportunities in the community.
- Housing the Homeless – Understand the complex history, examine the dynamic solutions, and learn how you can take action towards easing the housing and homelessness crisis in Seattle.
- Welcoming Immigrants – Help create a more supportive community for immigrants by understanding the issues and opportunities for involvement.
- Civil Rights, Then and Now – Explore the legacy of the civil rights movement in the Central District and learn how you can exercise your civil rights, today.
Civic Boot Camp Lead Scholarship Sponsor
Civic Boot Camp Scholarship Sponsors
What Did Past Participants Have to Say About Civic Boot Camp?
Attending Civic Boot Camp was a great opportunity for me to make connections in our community.By meeting staff from Immanuel Lutheran Church, I was later able to partner with them for a volunteer project related to their homeless program. -Nadia Gandara, Volunteer Initiatives Manager at United Way of King County
If you are a company that requires engagement as a lynchpin in your purpose as an organization,have your employees come and learn about the community and broaden their network. -Tyler Quillin, Civic Boot Camp: Immigration and Livable Neighborhoods Alum
In the age of issues, sometimes it is really important to take a step backand understand the basics, and really try to personalize what the issues are, with Civic Boot Camp. -Sean Greenlee, Civic Boot Camp: Immigration Alum
Civic Boot Camp always brings together a unique blend of peoplefrom across the city both in terms of presenters and participants -Bryce Campbell, Civic Boot Camp: Immigration & Waterfront Alum
How Will You Benefit from Civic Boot Camp?
- A deeper understanding of your community’s history and future.
- Improved tools for leading action on behalf of the community.
- Lasting connections with group members and community leaders.
How Will Your Organization Benefit From Civic Boot Camp?
- Shared knowledge about growth opportunities and challenges in the community.
- Partnership connections with local leaders and businesses.
- An engaged and more productive employee.
Civic Boot Camp Works
Survey results of participants one year after attending showed that: